Ups and downs are a part of life. A champion is known by his passion he keeps to succeed in every phase of life. Everyone has to encounter bad days in life. Runners are no exception to this rule. They are athletes with great energy and fame. Not every day is a happy and lucky day and like everyone, runners have to face injuries and hurdles. Few injuries may heal quickly but few may last longer. Injuries can be deadly for runners as they can hamper their career as well. These obstacles tend to create a gap between routine practices and hence making it essential to cope with them and return to the tracks again. Here, we share few tips and mantras to heal you up with your injuries. These can be beneficial to help you rebuild your running skills-
- Take it as a Challenge – Injuries can make you dull and may decrease your confidence. Accept the phase of life you are in and do not try to escape from it. Take it as a challenge and try to accept the fact that you are powerful and confident. Keep yourself happy and take it as your rest period. Do not stress.
- Meditation and Yoga– Yoga is a stress buster and it can help you regain your lost confidence. Make it a routine to practice yoga every day. Start with meditating, it keeps you away from daily tensions. It will make you feel better and much more enthusiastic.
- Start with the basic exercises- You are injured and so do not try to over sweat yourself with loads of exercises. You need to start with a slow and basic exercises which will help you regain inner strength. Remember, do not try to overdo exercises; it may increase pain in your injuries too.
- Socialize– You should not try to hibernate yourself, on the contrary, talk to people. Even if you can’t go out, call your mates at home and spend quality time with them. It is proven to keep you happy, active and feel confident about yourself.
- Starting with Practice– If you feel that you are set to get back to your practice routines, go out with your running shoes but without your stop watch. You should not try to reach your best time but should only make your body ready for running.
- Listen to your doctor– Doctors are always right and you should pay attention to what your doctor says. Be careful about your health and do not stress. If your doctor advices you to carry your routine forward, then try it but if not, then do not try to avoid what your doctor said. Apply all the ointments and take all the medications prescribed by the doctor.
You are a sports person and losing hope is not your cup of tea. Few injuries cannot affect your way to success. All you need is to be calm and composed. Remember, focus and dedication are the only feeling which can heal you swiftly. So be positive and rise out the champion in you by bringing out the best.